I am a Professor at Department of Chemical and Energy Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia. I received Bachelor of Engineering (First Class Honours) in chemical engineering from Gadjah Mada University Indonesia and obtained my PhD in chemical engineering (process system engineering) from Curtin University Australia. I had also research/academic fellowship experiences with University of Hyogo, Japan and University of Aberdeen, UK. My research expertise and interest include intelligent data and image analysis, process modelling, simulation and optimisation, energy efficient CO2 capture processes, and thermal engineering especially microwave assisted crystallisation technology. I am a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) with Engineers Australia, a Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy, UK, an Associate Member of The Institution of Chemical Engineers, UK and a National Executive Member of Malaysian Process Control Society. I had served in various leadership positions at Curtin Malaysia including Department of Chemical Engineering Programme Coordinator, Faculty’s Chair of Students and Alumni Relation Committee, Faculty’s Research Cluster Head and Faculty’s Associate Dean of R&D. I am currently holding a position as Director of Curtin Malaysia Graduate School and Deputy Dean of R&D. I am also an Associate Editor of International Journal of Food Engineering and a reviewer to various scientific journals in the areas of chemical engineering, energy and neural network modelling.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=rSuNOPMAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra
- Professor (Chemical and Energy Engineering), Curtin University Malaysia (2022 – present)
- Member of Curtin Malaysia Academic Council (2022 – present)
- Deputy Dean of Research and Development/Director of Curtin Malaysia Graduate School (2020 – present)
- Member of Curtin University Malaysia’s R&D Committee (2019 – present)
- Associate Dean of Research and Development (Faculty of Engineering and Science) (2019 – 2020)
- Visiting academic staff, School of Engineering, University of Aberdeen (UK) (2019)
- Research Cluster Head for Intelligent System Design and Control (2018 – 2020)
- Associate Professor (Chemical Engineering), Curtin University Malaysia (2017 – 2021)
- Visiting Research Professor (under Hyogo Overseas Research Network (HORN) Scholarship), University of Hyogo, Japan (2015)
- Chair of Students and Alumni Relation Committee, Curtin University Malaysia (2016 – 2018)
- Programme Coordinator/Deputy Head of Department of Chemical Engineering (2014 – 2016)
- Visiting Academic Professor, University of Hyogo, Himeji, Japan (2014)
- Senior Lecturer (Chemical Engineering, Curtin University Malaysia (2013 – 2018)
- Lecturer (Chemical Engineering), Curtin University Malaysia (2009 – 2012)
- Sessional Academic Staff (Chemical Engineering), Curtin University, Australia (2005 – 2008)
- Lecturer (Chemical Engineering), National Institute of Technology, Bandung, Indonesia (2003 – 2004)
- Process Control Engineer, PT Polysindo Eka Perkasa (Polymer Fiber Plant), Indonesia (2002)
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Food Engineering (2020 Impact Factor: 1.713; https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/ijfe)
- Technical Committee Member, 33rd Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMChE) 2022.
- Invited Speaker, Indo-UK joint International Webinar on Current Trends in Chemical Process Technology and Materials Development, 19-20 August 2020, University of Aberdeen, UK.
- Invited Speaker, Short-term Staff Training Program on “Recent Trends in Energy Conversion Technologies”, 13-19 July 2020, Curtin University Malaysia.
- Executive member of Malaysian Process Control Society (MyPCS) (2019 – now)
- National Committee Member, 26th Regional Symposium of Chemical Engineering (RSCE) 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Guest Editor, Chemical Product and Process Modeling, 12 (4) (2017) (Thomson Reuters’ Web of Science indexed Journal).
- Chair of Editorial Team, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 206 (2017) (Thomson Reuters’ Web of Science indexed Proceedings).
- Chair, 29th Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMChE) 2016.
- Technical Committee Members: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Automatic Control and Intelligent Systems (I2CACIS2017), Malaysia; International Scientific Committee of Faculty of Industrial Technology International Congress (FoITIC) 2017, Indonesia; International Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering (ICCBPE) 2015, Malaysia.
- Journal Reviewers: Chemical Engineering Science, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Computers & Chemical Engineering, Journal of Chemometrics, Neural Computing and Applications, Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, Energy Conversion and Management Journal, Journal of The Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, Asia Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, International Journal of Food Engineering and Brazilian Journal of Chemical Engineering.
- PhD and MPhil thesis examiners: The University of Newcastle, Australia, Curtin University, Australia, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS), Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) and University of Aberdeen, UK.
Comments are closed.